Write For Us
Whether you’d like to write a single article or are interested in becoming one of our blog authors, we would love to hear from you. Read on to know why you should write for us, the general and technical guidelines for submitting a guest post, how to submit a guest post, and some sample topics to help you get started.
First things first, check out our blog.
Why write for us?
You get your own space to blog–without having to deal with setting up your own WordPress site. You automatically have a built-in audience. We share your published articles on our socials as well as with our email subscribers. If you write for us, you can link to your own blog. We also offer you SEO and Content Marketing tips for you to get better with your content writing skills.
Fresh Content: Your submitted article must not be published elsewhere on the internet (including social media platforms).
No Plagiarism: Your submitted article must be free from plagiarism and must not violate any copyrights.
High Quality: We only accept high-quality articles as guest posts. Make sure you submit only high-quality articles.
Domain: Your submitted article must be related to travel, dating, or remote work. We do not accept articles in other domains.
Number of Words: Your submitted article must contain a minimum of 1000 words. It must not exceed 2500 words.
SEO Experience: We prefer that you have some experience with SEO, or at least know what it is. If you aren’t an expert, that’s perfectly okay.
Authority: Fairytrail has full authority to reject your submitted article if it does not meet our quality standards.
In Charge: We will fully be in charge of the voice, style, and content of the post.
Malpractices: Only link to other websites and blogs if it is genuinely necessary. Avoid keyword stuffing. No promotional content.
Include at least 3 images related to your article in landscape orientation. Please make sure that they are at least 600 px wide and are free from copyright.
Feel free to link to authoritative websites like Wikipedia etc.
Link to at least one of our blog posts.
Do not use affiliate links in your submitted article.
Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website already formatted (do not spam keywords there, though).
Before you write a blog post for Fairytrail Stories, you must submit an outline of your post. This is to ensure that your post gets published. The last thing we want you to do is to spend a TON of time and energy on a blog post that does not meet our approval.
Below is a breakdown of a typical blog post structure. Please follow a similar format when creating your outline.
Simply email email@example.com an outline of your proposed blog post in a similar format shown below. You can either list bullet points for each section or write short, descriptive paragraphs.
1. Title - The post title is the most important part of the post. Create a title that will get people to click on it!
2. Introduction – In order to draw the reader in after an amazing title, an introduction should really make the reader WANT to continue on and read then entire post.
3. “The Meat” – This is the area of the blog post that contains the value for our readers. We always stress this: Give our readers value. We want them to get inspired after they read your post. The “Meat” might be broken down into several sections. Please list each sub-section and describe what they will be about.
4. Conclusion – Simply conclude what you are trying to explain in your post.
5. Signature – This is where you can talk a little about yourself and give yourself a link or two.
6. Images – Images are very important for our blog posts. Images must be clean and sized to 600px. Both .jpg and .png formats are acceptable (no .gif). You do not need to include images in your outline. They are required for your final draft. However, please include captions for each image in your final draft.
Notes regarding your final draft: First turn in your outline and wait for the approval. If your post gets approved please turn in your final draft as a Google Doc with your images attached to your email. Notes regarding backlinks: Do not sneak keywords that link back to your website. It makes the post look spammy and unprofessional. Your signature is where you get to link back.
Usually, within 48 hours, we will reply stating if we will accept the guest post or not. If we reject your post, you are obviously free to use it in your own blog or to propose it as a guest post to some other website.
We look forward to hearing from you!